A British shoe and bootmaker steeped in heritage, Grenson required a new international website to improve conversion and sales, provide a better customer service offering and fit with their existing business systems.
Established in 1866, Grenson is currently considered as one of the worlds most distinguished footwear brands, their shoes are stocked all over the world along with several of it’s own flagship stores across London and New York. In a process that takes up to 8 weeks and involves over 200 individual operations, each shoe is built to last.
A simple evolution...
The key brief here from the Owner, Tim, and Creative Director, Joe, was to upgrade the technology and evolve the design of the website that had been in place since 2010 by focussing on the following:
- clean and clear aesthetics coupled with simple navigation
- mobile, tablet and desktop friendly
- integrate into the existing business ERP system
- to serve as a platform for international growth
- all content and pages to be editable and customisable
We started with several workshops with Grenson to define a new look and feel, which led to a new user journey which was presented, discussed, revised and approved. A purely collaborative process to lay the foundations for the project.
We worked alongside Lionhouse Creative who have produced Grenson’s brand communications for over 10 years, to decide on fonts, a colour palette, photography and unique content pages. This process brought the website to life.
In terms of technology, our approach was start with the latest version of Magento, complemented by several well known services such as Dotmailer for email marketing, Sagepay and Paypal payment gateways and Worpdress to serve as their News platform. A large part of this project involved integrating with the Prima ERP system, to ensure stock, orders and customers are kept up to date in real time.
A custom Stockists and Store finder to help customers find their nearest shop
- The websit serves the UK and US markets allowing customers to pay in GBP or USD
- Store and stockists finder
- custom pages that tell the story of Grenson
- filters and quick buy to allow the customer to easily find and purchase product
- Grenson News, seamlessly integrated with the main website
- integration with Dotmailer
- Integration with Prima ERP system for stock, orders and customers
We continue to provide ongoing development, hosting and support services for Grenson managed by our Client Services team.
Find Out More....
For more information on this project or any of the services we delivered please call on 0845 5202 400 or email email@example.com